Wednesday, November 7, 2012


 Trying to be Switzerland!
I am trying to remain Switzerland (Ms. neutrality)  in a house divided. My financial consultant, small business owner Republican Dad on turbo called to inform me he has decided to winterize the Canadian cabin, and begin a new career of selling pontoon boats and snowmobiles. I was invited to head north and told that I could most likely find a job in the Deli at Winkles with my outgoing personality. Meanwhile, my daughter called saying that she and her uterus slept soundly for the first time in months and can’t wait to move forward. The whole “fam damily” as my Gram would say, is heading over here for dinner. I am contemplating making a melt in your mouth roast that does not require any sharp objects to enjoy.

A few of the members of the whole "fam damily!"


My “smell up your whole kitchen mouth-watering” English cut roast:
This is embarrassingly easy but you can really wow guests and give them something they can agree on!  
Take one English cut roast and brown both sides under the broiler. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add a layer of thinly chopped onion and a layer of minced garlic. Pour one jar of chili sauce over the meat, onion and garlic. Fill the now empty jar with red wine; pour over meat; and fill again with beef broth. Sprinkle some fresh herbs on top, throw in potatoes or carrots if you so desire and plug in on low, go to work, walk the dog, try to tackle mount laundry, proof read an English paper…six hours later your house smells incredible without a hint of Corgi in need of bath or sneakers thatwere worn without socks by the back door ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment