Saturday, November 10, 2012

Brace yourself. The women of this house are going to attempt take our holiday photo. We continually supply the “Exhibit A” for why some families should not attempt this annual tradition. All you would have to do is look back to the photos of my youth and see that we should stick to Santa or elves and not include a shot of the "fam". In one of our holiday photos, I look like the poster girl for a Midol ad, my brother looks like he is about to deck more than the halls, Dad looks like he took a peek at Santa’s “naughty” list, and my Mom looks as if the photographer must be wearing nothing more than mistletoe and doesn’t know where to look. This photo also doubled as the shot for our church directory. One look at it and you can easily see why we regularly ended up on the prayer list.

The next generation of holiday photos did not see much improvement. Two years ago, a neophyte male photographer quickly realized that placing well endowed teens stomach down on the cold marble exterior floor in front of the Museum was not a brilliant move.



I wish I would have rethought last year’s photo. I guess the shot of me and the girls dressed in wrapping paper with the message “Unwrap the Blessings of the Holidays” written in pretty calligraphy could have been misconstrued. 

No comments:

Post a Comment