Tuesday, November 6, 2012


I had the triple play of rejection. I was stood up by the guy that I called after my garage motor was smoking (at least some part of me is still “smoking”), the lawn guy and the carpet cleaner I hired after the aging Corgi let loose on the only nice rug left in this house. Thank goodness I have a good sense of “self” and can handle dejection…although I did dip into the Costco dark chocolate caramels for a little comforting. In the meantime I am freaking out because there are signs I am quickly morphing into my Mother. I am quickly cleaning up the house so the person I have coming to help me clean thinks I am one of those moms who doesn’t have dust bunnies with a permanent zip code lurking behind the dryer, a bin full of mismatched socks or something that looks like a science experiment lurking in the fruit door of the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of morphing into your Mother. I too clean the house before my friend who cleans my house comes to clean. And I actually ironed the pillow cases the other night because they were so wrinkled when I finally got to take them out of the dryer.
    My Mom's license plate was spelled Marlyn for Marilyn. So whenever I do something that reminds my husband of my mother he calls me Marlyn. I have noticed that the older I get the more Marlynisms I develop. Imprinting is alive and well.

    ReplyDelete