Friday, December 28, 2012

Is it Time to "bust" out the Tree?


I did something I NEVER do; take someone of the male persuasion to work with me. I cover the social events of my community and was invited to a lovely (AKA jaw dropping gorgeous) event in which I actually took a male friend.

The party was very subdued, the conversation light and the food could have been someone’s last request before departing this world. I thought we were in for an evening of quiet elegance especially when we found ourselves seated next to two lovely ladies from the opera guild. One of the women asked if I was finished with my holiday decorating. I told her that I was except I was debating whether it was worth the effort of taking the Christmas tree out of the attic that I put in my bedroom. The other woman then asked my date if he thought my room could use some holiday spirit. He told her that he has yet to see my bedroom.

The women who are both aware that I have been through a cancer journey looked at me and informed me in no uncertain terms that they believed it was time for me to get my “tree” out. I reminded them that my tree has been in the attic a LONG time and that it is now missing a few ornaments and even though they have been “replaced” I am still getting used to them. The ladies would not retreat. I was then told that having a firm base and warm welcoming branches are the most essential criteria for a good tree and that MAYBE it was time to light that baby up!
Advise to ponder ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment